I was driving along the other day and I had a moment of anxiety- what I would do if my car caught afire. I don’t know where it came from or why… maybe I am watching too much action television. But it led me to start thinking about the varied amount of fears I have. And for one person I have quite a few. So I shall list them off in no order of importance.
1) Well most people are aware by now of my fear of lizards of all kinds. I can’t stand them and they freak me out.
2) I am petrified of my car falling into water and I am trapped in it or even scarier I can’t get my children out of the car.
3) Heights freak me out and in reverse depth.
4) Rip currents frighten me, although I have never been in one or have I ever seen some one being caught up in a rip current. But as a result I have stopped going into the ocean and if I do go into the water it is never any further than my knees. (And i use to love swimming out as far as I could manage )
5) I would rather walk seven flights of stairs than go into an elevator by myself. (I understand this fear I was stuck in an elevator once that refused to stop. I was tramautized at the end of it and so enters claustrophobia.)
6) Crowded area bother me. I also have a freak if I lose whoever I have gone to the mall with. (Going to the mall by myself is a different matter. I am in and out quickly.)
7) Being buried alive or being trapped underground is also a great source of concern to me. I am seriously considering cremation when I die. Except I can’t bear the thought of me being engulfed in flames! Really scary.
Well I am afraid that it for now.
So what are you afraid of?